Paul Walker’s Family Hope To Bring His Character Back To ‘Fast & Furious’ Franchise

Paul Walker was taking a break from filming “Furious 7” when he tragically died in a car wreck in 2013. When production of the blockbuster film resumed, the late-actor’s brothers, Caleb and Cody Walker, stepped in to physically act out his role and Paul’s face was superimposed onto his brothers’ bodies to help wrap up the film. Now, “Fast & Furious” fans may once again see his F&F character, Brian O’Conner, back on the big screen. His family is holding out hope that they can somehow bring him back into the hit franchise. The Walker brothers – who will open up about Paul’s legacy in the upcoming documentary “I Am Paul Walker” – hope that Brian O’Conner’s return could help reunite the broken “Fast & Furious” family.  “I think there could potentially be a way to do it. But it would take a lot of thought and it’d have to be tasteful,” Cody said. “[Paul] was the real deal, the real car guy. And in his absence, I — you know — I think it’s lost its way in a big way.” “Fast 9” is currently set to debut in theaters on April 10, 2020. 

Paul Walker’s brothers open to bringing back his Fast & Furious character

Via www.digitalspy.com
 

Editorial credit: Featureflash Photo Agency / Shutterstock.com

“Shooter” Canceled After Season 3 By USA Network; Season 4 Could Air Elsewhere

After a three-season run, USA Network’s thriller Shooter has been cancelled. Starring Ryan Phillippe, Shooter will finish after the 13-episode third season, but won’t be back for a fourth season. However, the drama may have a second life as producer Paramount Television is shopping the series to other networks, including sibling company Paramount Network. Representatives for both Paramount Television and Paramount Network had no comment.

Shooter premiered to high ratings in 2016 before falling off, and chronicled Phillippe as Bob Lee Swagger, a decorated marksman coaxed back into military service to prevent a plot to kill the president. The series was stalled after a series of mass shootings in summer 2016, including the killing of police officers in Dallas, Texas, and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. And after Phillippe broke his leg in an off-set accident last summer, season 2 was cut down to 10 episodes.

Ryan Phillippe’s Shooter cancelled by USA Network, but there are already revival hopes

Via www.digitalspy.com

Editorial credit: Joe Seer / Shutterstock.com

‘Queen Of Soul’ Aretha Franklin Dies At Age 76

Aretha Frankin, known as the “Queen of Soul,” died on Thursday at the age of 76. Franklin died at her home in Detroit, her representative Gwendolyn Quinn confirmed. She had battled health problems over the last few years, forcing the cancellation of multiple concerts this year. One of the most iconic musicians of the twentieth century, Franklin said last year that she planned to retire soon from touring. Franklin was born in 1942 in Memphis, Tenn., though her family eventually relocated to Detroit. When Franklin was 10, her mother died, and a number of women helped take care of Franklin and her siblings. It was around this time that Franklin started playing piano, singing and performing gospel songs at her father’s church in Detroit. Franklin recorded a gospel album when she was just 14; Franklin later moved to Atlantic Records, where the iconic hits “Respect,” written by Otis Redding climbed up charts in 1967. Over the following three years her hits would include “Chain of Fools”, “Natural Woman” and “Think.” Franklin won a total of 18 Grammy awards, and was later honored with a Grammys Legend Award in 1991 and a Lifetime Achievement Award in 1994. In 2014, Franklin became the first woman to have her 100th hit on Billboard’s Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Chart with “Rolling in the Deep (The Aretha Version)” and she was the first woman to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987.

Aretha Franklin, who defined an era as the Queen of Soul, dies at 76

Via www.latimes.com
 

Editorial credit: JStone / Shutterstock.com

YouTube Pulls Ad For ‘The Nun’ Because Of ‘Shocking’ Content

YouTube has banned an ad for upcoming horror film The Nun (out Sept. 7) from the video site because the clip violates its “violent and shocking content” policy. The six-second ad shows first a volume control icon and then a startling appearance by the movie’s demon-Nun. The footage was flagged by a YouTube user who advised fellow viewers to “look away and/or turn down the volume if you have anxiety or just straight up hate jumpscares, pls rt to save a life.” On Aug. 13, YouTube responded to that message by stating that the advert violates the website’s “shocking content policy” and that “it’s no longer running as an ad.”  The Nun is the latest horror film to be spun off from the Conjuring movies. Set in early-’50s Romania, the film is about the origins of the inhuman spirit, also known as Valak, that tormented ghost-hunters Ed and Lorraine Warren (Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga) in the 1977-set The Conjuring 2.

YouTube Pulls Ad For The Nun Because It Was Too Scary

Via www.gamespot.com
 

Former E! Reality Star Lyric McHenry Dead At 26

Lyric McHenry, a reality star who appeared on the E! program EJNYC, was found dead Tuesday morning of a suspected drug overdose. She was 26 years old. According to reports, McHenry was discovered on a sidewalk at 5 a.m. Tuesday, found above the Major Deegan Expressway at Undercliff Ave. and Boscobel Place in Highbridge in the Bronx area of New York. There was a small Ziplock bag of cocaine on McHenry at the time, leading police to believe she died of an overdose. Authorities said: “McHenry was rushed to Bronx-Lebanon Hospital, where she died. Police are investigating, the matter is ongoing.” It was also revealed that McHenry was 20 weeks pregnant at the time of her passing. McHenry was very good friends with EJ Johnson, the son NBA Hall of Famer Magic Johnson.  They both made appearances on EJ’s Rich Kids of Beverly Hills spinoff, EJNYC, which aired for one season on E! in 2016. McHenry also served as a producer on the series.

Lyric McHenry Dead – Reality Star Dies Hours After Celebrating 26th Birthday

Via www.justjared.com
 

Bruno Mars Announces New Special Guests For Upcoming Tour

Bruno Mars has announced the special guests who will replace Cardi B on the upcoming finale leg of the 24K Magic World Tour. Cardi was originally slated to join Bruno on the tour, but she dropped out after giving birth to her baby girl this summer. Mars has been traveling around the world on his 24K Magic World Tour since March 2017, and will have made over 135 stops when the tour finally wraps in November. The final leg of the tour will end in Bruno‘s home state of Hawaii with record-breaking three shows at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu. Ciara, Ella Mai, Boyz II Men, and Charlie Wilson will rotate dates on the tour. See the full list below.

Bruno Mars Adds Boyz II Men, Ciara, Ella Mai, and Charlie Wilson to 24K Magic World Tour

Via www.complex.com
 

Editorial credit: Tinseltown / Shutterstock.com

Lindsay Lohan Apologizes For Her Critical Comments About #MeToo Movement

Lindsay Lohan is taking back her recent comments about the Me Too movement. The actress apologized in a Sunday statement to People magazine for her comments in a recent interview with British publication The Times that women “look weak” when they share their stories of sexual misconduct. “I would like to unreservedly apologize for any hurt and distress caused by a quote in a recent interview with The Times,” Lohan said. “The quote solely related to my hope that a handful of false testimonies out of a tsunami of heroic voices do not serve to dilute the importance of the Me Too movement, and all of us who champion it,” she continued. “However, I have since learned how statements like mine are seen as hurtful, which was never my intent. I’m sorry for any pain I may have caused.” Lohan, 32, said she feels “very strongly” about the Me Too movement and has “the utmost respect and admiration” for the women coming forward with stories of sexual misconduct. 

Lindsay Lohan Has Apologized For Recent #MeToo Comments

Via www.cinemablend.com
 

Editorial credit: Featureflash Photo Agency / Shutterstock.com

All Eight Harry Potter Movies Are Returning To Theaters For A Limited Time

To mark the 20th anniversary of the publication of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, the Cinemark theater chain is re-releasing all of the Harry Potter films at locations across the country from Aug. 31-Sept. 6. The lineup for the company’s “Wizarding World XD Week” includes all eight original films based on J.K. Rowling’s beloved saga, plus 2016’s Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Tickets on sale now at Cinemark.com and run $5 per movie, or fans can purchase a $25 “festival pass” for all nine films, which includes a “collectible keychain, a specially designed cup that is refillable for $3.50 through the end of the year and a commemorative festival badge,” according to a press release. The series’ return to theaters comes just over two months before another film will debut — Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald opens in theaters on Nov. 16.

‘Harry Potter’ movies are coming back to theaters for one week

Via www.chicagotribune.com
 

Editorial credit: Ingus Kruklitis / Shutterstock.com

Jason Statham’s “The Meg” Tops Box Office With $40M Debut Weekend

“The Meg” hit theaters this weekend and is set to nab the No. 1 spot at the box office with an estimated $40 million from 4,118 North American locations. The estimate is significantly higher than earlier predictions. The Warner Bros. film took in $16.5 million on Friday and stars Jason Statham as a scientist who, along with his team, tries to stop a prehistoric 75-foot Megalodon shark from terrorizing a beach. “The Meg” has received mixed reviews from critics and carries a 50% score on Rotten Tomatoes. The movie is based on the 1997 book “Meg: A Novel of Deep Terror” by Steve Alten and was in development for over two decades. “The Meg” carries a $150 million price tag, so it will need substantial overseas business from China, Russia, Spain, and the U.K.  This weekend it earned $26.7 million on Friday from 42 overseas markets and opened to $16.2 million in China on Friday.

Weekend Box Office: ‘The Meg’ Shows Sharp Teeth, Swims Toward $40M Debut

Via www.billboard.com
 

Editorial credit: Kathy Hutchins / Shutterstock.com

Casey Affleck Apologizes For ‘Unprofessional’ Behavior After #MeToo Backlash

Actor Casey Affleck is speaking out publicly for the first time since sexual harassment allegations resurfaced against him last year.  “I behaved in a way and allowed others to behave in a way that was really unprofessional. And I’m sorry,” Affleck told The Associated Press in an interview published Thursday.  The actor was accused of verbal and physical harassment in 2010 by two women who worked with him on the set of “I’m Still Here,” a hoax documentary-style film directed by Affleck and starring Joaquin Phoenix. Affleck denied all the allegations at the time and later settled two lawsuits filed by the accusers for undisclosed amounts. Both women reportedly signed nondisclosure agreements.  The allegations against Affleck resurfaced last fall when the actor was receiving critical acclaim for his starring role in “Manchester by the Sea.” Affleck was deemed controversial in light of the past allegations, however still received the Oscar for Best Actor.  Affleck chose to skip the Oscars earlier this year and backed out of presenting the award for Best Actress. 

Casey Affleck Apologizes for ‘Unprofessional’ Behavior, Comments on Withdrawing From Oscars 2018 Ceremony

Via www.justjared.com
 

Editorial credit: Debby Wong / Shutterstock.com