Ann Curry Speaks Out On Matt Lauer: ‘I Am Not Surprised By The Allegations’

Almost six years after she was booted from NBC’s “Today” show, journalist Ann Curry is speaking out about Matt Lauer’s sexual assault allegations. Curry has a new PBS documentary program, “We’ll Meet Again”  — but the focus of Curry’s interview was on the #MeToo movement and Lauer’s ousting from NBC News. “I think it’s, in general, overdue,” she says on “CBS This Morning” Wednesday, Jan. 17. “We clearly are waking up to a reality, an injustice that has been occurring for some time. And I think it will continue to occur until the glass ceiling is finally broken.  Curry, who had worked on the “Today” show for 18 years, also addressed Lauer’s November firing from the show and NBC over allegations of sexual misconduct. “I can tell you that I am not surprised by the allegations,” she said.

Ann Curry ‘Not Surprised’ By Matt Lauer Allegations; Says Verbal Harassment ‘Pervasive’ at NBC

Via www.broadwayworld.com
 

Editorial credit: lev radin / Shutterstock.com

Enrique Iglesias And Anna Kournikova Share First Photos Of Newborn Twins

Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova’s have finally revealed photos of their newborn twins. Iglesias posted the first photo of one of their twins on Instagram Tuesday. In the picture, Iglesias is snuggled up to the baby with “My Sunshine” as the caption on the photo.  In a separate post, Kournikova shared a photo of one of the babies, with the same caption. Back in December, the famously private couple secretly welcomed twins, Nicholas and Lucy,  in Miami. They hadn’t previously announced they were expecting.  Iglesias and Kournikova have been together since 2001 after meeting on the set of his “Escape” music video. While reports have circulated that the couple are married, the pair have never confirmed anything. 

Inside Enrique Iglesias & Anna Kournikova’s new life as parents as they share first baby photos (Exclusive)

Via www.aol.com
 

Editorial credit: Phil Stafford / Shutterstock.com

Kanye West And Kim Kardashian Welcome Third Child Via Surrogate

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are the parents to a newborn baby daughter, who was born via a surrogate. The 37-year-old reality star announced the news on her website: “Kanye and I are happy to announce the arrival of our healthy, beautiful baby girl. We are incredibly grateful to our surrogate who made our dreams come true with the greatest gift one could give and to our wonderful doctors and nurses for their special care. North and Saint are especially thrilled to welcome their baby sister.”  Kardashian also posted that the baby girl was born January 15, 2018 at 12:47am and weighed 7lbs 6oz. The couple has been candid about their choice to use a surrogate to welcome their third baby.  They are already parents to Saint West, 2, and North West, 4.

Kim Kardashian & Kanye West welcome third child

Via rss.cnn.com
 

Editorial credit: Featureflash Photo Agency / Shutterstock.com

Director James Cameron Responds To Eliza Dushku’s Molestation Allegations On The “True Lies” Movie Set By Stunt Coordinator

James Cameron supported actress Eliza Dushku after she accused stunt coordinator Joel Kramer of molesting her when she was 12 years old on the set of the 1994 movie “True Lies.” Cameron said he was unaware of the alleged assault at the time. “Directors are historically pretty oblivious to the inter-personal things that are happening on the set, because they’re focused on what they’re doing creatively, but had I known about (it) there would have been no mercy,” he said at a Television Critics Association panel Saturday. In a lengthy Facebook post Saturday, Dushku detailed the allegations against Kramer which were later confirmed by co-star Jamie Lee Curtis, Dushku’s agent, her mother, her legal guardian at the time and a longtime friend. Kramer denied the claims, stating he was “absolutely astoundingly flabbergasted.”

James Cameron Would’ve Shown ‘No Mercy’ to Stunt Coordinator Accused of Molesting Eliza Dushku

Via www.msn.com
 

Editorial credit: Tinseltown / Shutterstock.com

Lifetime Announces Meghan Markle And Prince Harry TV Movie

Lifetime is developing a movie based on the romance of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, the cable network announced Sunday at the 2018 winter TCA press tour. Casting is currently underway. Harry & Meghan: The Royal Love Story is being described as the romantic tale of a beloved prince and his new fiancée. Menhaj Huda, who helmed an episode of E!’s fictional Royal Family series The Royals last year, is on hand to direct. Merideth Finn and Michele Weiss are executive producers. No premiere date has been set, but the film appears destined for a May launch

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry TV Movie in the Works at Lifetime

Via www.usmagazine.com
 

Editorial credit: Lorna Roberts / Shutterstock.com

Michelle Williams Applauds Mark Wahlberg’s Time’s Up Donation In Her Name

It was revealed this weekend that Mark Wahlberg will be donating the $1.5 million he received for All The Money In The World reshoots to Time’s Up, the legal fund for sexual abuse and harassment victims. This comes following a report that Wahlberg’s costar Michelle Williams received merely $1000 per day for the reshoots. In Wahlberg’s statement, he said, “I 100% support the fight for fair pay and I’m donating the $1.5 million to the TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund in Michelle Williams’ name.”  On Sunday, Williams responded, applauding Wahlberg for making the donation. “My fellow actresses stood by me and stood up for me, my activist friends taught me to use my voice, and the most powerful men in charge, they listened and they acted,” she said.

Michelle Williams Responds To Mark Wahlberg Decision To Donate All The Money In The World Salary To Time’s Up

Via www.yahoo.com
 

Editorial credit: Andrea Raffin / Shutterstock.com

“Master Of None” And “Parks And Recreation” Star Aziz Ansari Accused Of Sexual Misconduct

Just days after winning a Golden Globe and participating in a national anti-sexual-harassment campaign called Time’s Up, Aziz Ansari has been accused of sexual assault, according to various news reports. The accusation was made by a woman who is being identified as a 23-year-old photographer named “Grace,” according to Babe, the entertainment news outlet who first reported the claim. The woman met Ansari while she was taking photos at the Emmy Awards after party and eventually went on a date in late September which ended at his apartment. When the woman saw Ansari wearing a “Time’s Up” pin at the Golden Globes, she decided to tell her story.

Aziz Ansari Accused of Sexual Assault

Via www.tmz.com
 

Editorial credit: Tinseltown / Shutterstock.com

Netflix’s New Series “Altered Carbon” Releases First Trailer

The first trailer for one of 2018’s most anticipated sci-fi shows is here. Altered Carbon is Netflix’s adaptation of Richard K Morgan’s acclaimed cyberpunk novel, and will be available on the streaming service on February 2. Altered Carbon stars James Purefoy, Joel Kinnaman,, and Will Yun Lee. The story focuses on the world’s wealthiest man, who is murdered; but when his mind is transferred, he hires an ex-soldier to investigate who killed him.

‘Altered Carbon’ Trailer: Netflix Unveils First Look, Posters For Cyberpunk Series

Via deadline.com
 

Editorial credit: REDPIXEL.PL / Shutterstock.com

Michael Douglas Preemptively Denies Sexual Misconduct Allegation

In a new interview, Michael Douglas is denying what he says is an upcoming claim of sexual harassment against him. The veteran actor claims that The Hollywood Reporter is pursuing a story about him in which a former employee claims Douglas masturbated in front of her, used improper language in her company, and prevented her from getting other work in the entertainment industry.  Douglas denied the allegation of a sexual nature and the claim of retaliation, though he added “I will fess up to colorful language.”  Douglas also said his accuser is a woman who worked in development at his company approximately 32 years ago and was fired “for the work she was doing.”  The actor said he chose to preemptively talk about the sexual harassment claim, in hopes of limiting the story’s potential impact.

Michael Douglas denies sex claims ahead of publication

Via news.sky.com
 

Editorial credit: lev radin / Shutterstock.com

Mark Wahlberg Reportedly Paid “1,500 Times More” Than Michelle Williams For “All the Money In The World” Reshoot

Mark Wahlberg reportedly nabbed more than 1,500 times Michelle Williams’ pay for reshooting scenes in “All the Money in the World,” a new report claims. Sources say that Wahlberg was paid $1.5 million for the reshoot, while Williams was paid per diem that totaled less than $1,000.  After sexual misconduct allegations against Kevin Spacey emerged, director Ridley Scott dropped the actor and reshot his scenes over Thanksgiving week with Christopher Plummer in the role. Williams and Wahlberg worked through the week, but sources were told that Wahlberg’s team negotiated for the actor to take home $1.5 million for the reshoot. At the time, Williams said of the reshoot “I said I’d be wherever they needed me, whenever they needed me. And they could have my salary, they could have my holiday, whatever they wanted. Because I appreciated so much that they were making this massive effort.”

Editorial credit: Kathy Hutchins / Shutterstock.com